What to do after Waxing.
- Use a towel to wrap some ice cubes to the area after waxing. This will help with redness and discomfort.
- Use a hydrating product, such as baby oil, to help clean up residual wax, and also moisturize the skin.
- Cleanse skin again using Witch Hazel. Witch Hazel is soothing and antiseptic.
- Use moisturizer ever day after waxing. Apply cooling lotion such as aloevera. You can extract gel from fresh aloevera leaves.
- Use a mineral based make-up to hide any redness. This type of make-up allows the skin to breathe.
What NOT to do after Waxing.
- If skin is not red and inflamed the next day, gently exfoliate to prevent pimples and ingrown hairs from forming. DO NOT exfoliate within 24 hours after waxing.
- Keep hands away from waxed area to prevent bacteria driven pimples.
- Avoid any public water areas such as hot tubs, saunas, pools, and spas while the skin is healing to prevent infections.
- Take showers instead of bathing for a few days.
- Don’t exercise enough to cause heavy perspiring.