Dry skin can cause a lot of other problems if not treated properly. Here are 5 natural treatments to combat dry skin:
- Aloevera has moisturising properties and combats with dry skin quickly and effectively. Ointments and gels made of aloevera are easily available, however pure and fresh aloevera gel is more beneficial. Apply the gel on your body before you sleep and leave it overnight.
- Sandalwood paste is oily in nature and when applied on the skin, it helps in fighting dry skin. Rose water can be used to make a paste of sandalwood, which helps in gently getting away with the dead and dry skin cells giving your skin a fresh glow.
- Cucumber can also be used to soothe dry skin. It is rich in water content, and also helps in activating the secretion of sebum oil. Not only does it hydrate the skin, but also cleanse the skin and refine your skin’s texture. Simply rub a slice of cucumber on the skin an leave it for some time
- Neem leaves help treat dry skin and also have anti bacterial properties. You can make fine paste out of the leaves and apply it all over your face and body. This, not just helps treat dry skin, but also helps in keeping skin infections at bay.
- Papaya, the fruit rich in vitamin A is also a skin protector, that helps prevent your skin from excessive dryness. You can use ripened papaya as a scrub. Make a pulp out of the ripe fruit and massage it into your skin in soft circular movements. Papaya can also be used daily on the skin, as it does not have any side effects.